Just a random blog with things I love to make or redo for friends, family and around the house!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

animal canvases

So we are expecting in October and don't want to know the sex so I needed to come up with some colors that were unisex.  I have been nesting big time before I start my nursing program in June so I ripped the carpet up (wood floors under it) in the office, now office/nursery and will have it sanded and stained.  I made some animal canvases that I think will look great in the nursery/office when done.  My hubby will be painting the room grey.  I was told I can't do any painting, hard labor (except in Oct) and anything I love to do but I will be patient until the baby is here.  :)  These canvases were done with acrylic paint so no harm done.  The rhino needed to be painted a 2nd coat.   Done.  Next on my list....painting curtains.  Again acrylic paint so no harm done.  I will post that once it's done.

OK OK the floor looks like crap right now but when my hubby is done sanding and staining it (with nontoxic stain) it will look really good!  Now that may take days, months, years for my hubby to finish, but once it's done I will post a pic.  :)

I free handed these once I saw some ideas on Pinterest.




1 comment: