Just a random blog with things I love to make or redo for friends, family and around the house!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

painted fabric and painters tape canvas

I was looking at Pinterest and found a really good blog called Design Share.  It had a tablecloth that she put polyurethane on and used as a rug.  Brilliant idea!  So I went shopping for a awesome looking tablecloth and there was no luck!  I instead got a Home Depot paint canvas cloth and painted a chevron pattern (this pic will be coming soon).  I also decided to paint a chevron pattern with acrylic paints on some scrap fabric I had and then cover with polyurethane.  Here is the pic of that.



I needed a bit of color in the den so I decided to find some cheap canvases (at Michaels they were on sale).  I then put painters tape on the canvases and painted with acrylic paints.  They turned out cute!   I'm going to make a sunburst mirror to go in between so pics of that will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment