Just a random blog with things I love to make or redo for friends, family and around the house!

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Terrarium and VDay Decor

Yes random...terrarium and valentines day decor but I'm that way.  I made a terrarium for about $12 for a housewarming gift for a friend and then made a couple vday decors. 

You can't see the layers very well but I put large stones from Dollar Tree on bottom, then pebbles from the Dollar Tree, then soil for cactus and then the plants with some decorative black stones. 



This tree didn't cost a thing!  Get a couple branches from your yard, a vase and cut out paper hearts; then hang with ribbon. Done!

I had some wood blocks leftover from a project that didn't work out.  I painted them red and then painted letters on them.  The plates are from the Dollar Tree that I painted pink, red and purple.  Then I added chalkboard paint to the middle of them. 

A friend gave me an old frame so I painted the frame and painted chalkboard paint on the glass.  I will use all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment