Just a random blog with things I love to make or redo for friends, family and around the house!

Monday, November 7, 2011

wood flooring

I found out our rent house has wood flooring underneath the carpet!  I was so excited I took the carpet up this weekend to see what it looked like.  Ok a little overwhelming but I was excited to see all the wood was there!  Yes that's paint...and lots of it!  I ended up using TSP to get the paint off and did some sanding...good to go!  I started with a Minwax walnut stain but it was too light to cover up all the imperfections of the wood so I darkened it with Minwax Bombay mahogany.  It's turning out nice!  I will take a picture when it's all done!


The really light area is wood putty I put on a section that had dry wall paste on it.  The putty soaked in the stain really well!

1 comment: